So, I just want to make one thing clear…. I promise I am not going to tell you that the right thing to do is to wear a purity ring. Honestly, this is a matter of opinion. I just wanted to write about it because this is my blog, and therefore I write about things I do. 😉
I read about purity rings, for the first time, in a book called Growing Up Duggar by Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger Duggar. (If you watched 19 Kids and Counting growing up or even now, then you know who I am talking about).
The ring is to symbolize and remind me of five things:
- To keep myself pure as I wait for the one God intends for me to marry
- My desire to involve my parents in my decision of a life partner
- To remind me to pray for the man God would have me to marry
- To remind me that God is the true fulfiller of all our desires
- To remind me to cherish my relationship with God and live purposefully for Him
I’d love to hear your thoughts on purity rings! 😉
Featured image taken from Stock Snap.