Hello, everyone! I hope you had a blessed Lord’s Day!
This past Friday and Saturday, my family and I went to Presbytery. Presbytery is when the Orthodox Presbyterian Churches near to us come together and discuss matters. We are part of the New England-New York Presbytery. On the back of the bulletin, there was an article that had 13 points for prayer. I really appreciate it and I hope you do too. 🙂 It’s called How To Pray. Enjoy!
How To Pray
Modified from A. C. Dixon’s outline (Matthew 6:5-15)
The Lord’s Prayer teaches us:
- Pray Honestly~ “Not as hypocrites”. Not to be seen by men or impress others.
- Pray Secretly~ “When you have shut your door”. Personal private relationship with the Father.
- Pray Specifically~ “do not use vain repetitions”. Let your words be natural and your own.
- Pray Familiarly~ “Our Father”. You belong to the King and Kingdom of God.
- Pray Adoringly~ “Hallowed be Thy Name”. Praise, adoration, exalt, magnify, and worship.
- Pray Expectantly~ “Thy Kingdom come”. A pilgrim in progress; on the way to glory.
- Pray Submissively~ “Thy will be done”. All things are to His glory and for your good.
- Pray Boldly~ “On earth as it is in Heaven”. He is Lord of both now and then.
- Pray Dependently~ “Give us this day…”. Every good gift is from above.
- Pray Repentantly~ “Forgive as we forgive…”. Let love cover a multitude of sins.
- Pray Preemptively~ “Lead us not into temptation”. Walk worthy of the calling in Jesus Christ.
- Pray Confidently~ “Deliver us from evil”. You can do all things through Christ Jesus.
- Pray Triumphantly~ “For Thine is the Kingdom, the Power, and the Glory forever. Amen!”
I hope you are blessed by it and that it helps you pray.
Before I go, I have a quick announcement. My dear friend Sandy La Belle just started a blog. Yay!!! I hope you check it out! It’s called Happy Lifestyle 2002. Her blog’s full address is happylifestyle2002.wordpress.com.
Have a blessed Monday, y’all!
Featured image taken from Stock Snap.