Elderberry Popsicles Recipe (Soothing for Sore Throats)
- In a small saucepan combine the elderberries and water. Bring it to a boil, then reduce and gently simmer for 15 minutes. You’re making elderberry tea here, just extra strength.
- Strain the elderberries from the water with a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth. Make sure you really squeeze them to get the juice out. Pour the elderberry tea into back into the clean saucepan.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the elderberry tea and let it absorb for a few minutes. If your raw honey is really thick, then add it too after the gelatin has gelled a bit. Gently heat the mixture over very low heat, stirring slowly just until everything is combined and melty. You don’t want to overheat this, or the honey won’t be raw anymore!
- To your blender add the coconut water and blueberries, then blend until smooth. Pour the coconut mixture and the rest of the ingredients into the elderberry mixture, and stir just until combined.
- Pour the elderberry popsicle mix into your favorite popsicle molds and freeze until firm.
Well, there you are! I hope this comes in handy for someone out there! 😉 I highly recommend you read the rest of the Wellness Mama’s post on her blog. She provides many nutritional facts on this wonderful, natural, and safe way to cure a sore throat. For a link to the post, click here. I got this recipe straight from her website, and there’s a link to her website homepage at the beginning of this post. Also *echem* I am fully aware that the featured picture of this post is of blueberries, but I don’t have anything better. 😉
Have a blessed day! Oh, and a wonderful Lord’s Day!
Featured image taken from Stock Snap.