I’m always eager to welcome guests who’d like to post on Shepherd’s Handmaiden! Please read through this page before you contact me.
1. What You Write MUST be Clean and Godly!
No profane language or topics. This site is meant for spreading the love and light of our Heavenly Father, and bad words and ungodly topics ain’t gonna do that! This includes pictures if you are going to add those to the post.
“I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words, you will be condemned.” (Matt. 12:36-37)
2. Be Kind!
Ranting about something is fine, but not if it’s about someone or a group of someones. Do not criticize or tear people down. Encourage and build people up!
“Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.” (Eph. 4:29)
Just share whatever God has put on your heart! An encouraging sermon you heard, a sweet story you heard or read, a recipe you found from one of your grandma’s old, old cookbooks. Anything!
“Gold there is, and rubies in abundance, but lips that speak knowledge are a rare jewel.” (Pro. 20:15)
Style of posts:
My posts come in all different shapes and sizes. Some have over 1,000 words and some literally only have 57. Some of my posts consist mostly of pictures while some consist of just writing. Throw in as many pictures as you’d like or just ramble on… trust me, we’d love to read!
Modesty standards for profile pictures:
- We want to see your face and focus on your beauty! 😉 Don’t send a picture that makes other parts of your body stand out. This could mean:
- Low cut shirts and
- The camera being angled in such a way that makes your chest (or anything other than your face) the object of the picture.
- Skinny jeans are ok (though certainly not suggested or preferred) but not if the camera is angled in such a way that hips, thighs, etc are directed to.
- Jewelry that has inappropriate suggestions, skulls, cross-bones, dark symbols, etc are not allowed in any pictures.
- Pictures of just yourself are preferred (meaning: group pictures can make it hard to locate you!)
Rules for any post pictures:
- If they include people, then all of the above standards apply except the last one.
- Blood, gore, violence, and darkness are not allowed in any post. We want this blog to be filled with Jesus’ light!
- On my blog, I won’t allow any pictures of Jesus or any pictures with a representation of God. This rule is inspired by what God commands in His Word in Exodus 20: 4-6.
- Any picture you include must have the appropriate credit given.
Book review standards:
- Book reviews are meant to recommend literature that encourages, builds up, and informs people in a God-honoring and clean way… and to warn them of bad literature.
- Fiction and non-Fiction are allowed, as long as they are not glorifying sin or suggesting wrong-doing.
- If the book you’re recommending has sexual content, violence, bad language, etc you must mention that (I will only allow books with this content if they have a God-glorifying purpose. Example: A person undergoes abuse and later becomes a Christian or is a Christian throughout and clings to Jesus).
My rights as the owner of the blog:
- As the owner of this blog and the editor, I have the right to fix grammar and spelling mistakes.
- I have the right to proofread for minor changes in spelling and grammar but will send back the edited post for your approval before I post it.
- I have the right as the owner of this website to deny a post you may want to be published on my site.
- I have the right to reject pictures if they do not align with the modesty standards I have given.
Writing tips and rules:
- I encourage you to write a short bio for your post. You can also include a picture so we can put a face on the writer. (The picture must be within the modesty standards I listed up above).
- It’s alright to quote someone, but it is strongly recommended that you are sure of the person’s good reputation first.
- If you have a certain date that you want your post to be published on, then you need to contact me three weeks ahead of time.
- Links to other websites are ok, but the website must be clean and friendly.
- You may add a link to a website that is not all-around clean if the link goes directly to the article or post. If this is the case, it must be mentioned that the website is not wholly clean.
Before Your Post Goes Up:
Before I put your post up, I will write a really short introduction of who you are. In this introduction, I can include your website address, where to find you on social media, or any other detail you’d like people to know about you. This is essentially your bio, so please feel free to send me a tidbit about yourself!
- What God has been doing in your life
- Ways you can minister to people
- Book reviews (see above for book review standards)
- Modest fashion
- Fun and easy hair styles
- Simple and modest makeup styles
- Church life
- Mission work
- Clean music suggestions
- Keeping Christ at the center of everything in your life
I’m available for guest posting as well. Please contact me at the below email address.
Please contact me at:
Email me with any questions, for more detail, or if you’re interested. God bless!